ML2253x Series of Automotive Speech Synthesis ICs for Audible Notifications and Sound Effects
ROHM Group Company LAPIS Semiconductor Co. Ltd has recently introduced the automotive speech synthesis ICs, ML2253x series for providing audible notifications and sound effects in ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance System) and AVAS (Acoustic Vehicle Alerting System), industrial equipment warning lamps, and public transportation information displays.
The need for improvements in ADAS and other safety systems has forced the auto manufacturers to develop a safety system that provides audible warnings and alerts that could improve the safety of the occupant and pedestrians. The conventional solutions used for this purpose consist of multiple components and places a heavy load on the main MCU and also require significant man-hours for support along with software that responds to system changes.
LAPIS Semiconductor’s new ICs improve quality by detecting audio defects using a playback anomaly function and also facilitates system configuration while simplifying software design for the main MCU. The new ICs have been designed with all required amps, communication I/F, logic ICs, and memory, enabling configuration of voice prompt systems independently of the main MCU.
The ML2253x series increases a playback sound anomaly function that can send error signals to the main MCU for detecting playback anomalies such as skipping. Compared with the conventional compression algorithm, HQ-ADPCM enables to achieve high fidelity sound without distortion. The flash rewrite function from the main MCU enables the rewriting of voice data even after shipment.
Features of ML2253x Series
- Sampling Frequency: 6.4 to 48.0kHz
- ML22Q53x has an internal flash memory of 2M/4M/16M
- ML22530 has maximum External Memory of 128M
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +105°C
- Playback anomaly detection function contributes to improved quality in voice prompt systems
- Flash rewrite function from the main MCU enables rewriting of voice data even after shipment
- HQ-ADPCM compression delivers high fidelity along with increased memory savings
- Integrates multiple functions required for automotive ICs
Note: More Technical Informations about the automotive speech synthesis IC can be found in the datasheet linked at the bottom of this page and on the ML2253x series product page.