Long Range Wireless STM32WL Microcontrollers with wM-Bus Stack for Smart Metering
STMicroelectronics has introduced the STM32WL Microcontrollers with a wireless M-Bus (wM-Bus) software stack that leverages the integrated sub-GHZ radio and multiple modulations schemes, this reduces the bill of material cost and enhances flexibility for developers of smart metering systems.
The wM-Bus stack was developed by stackforce and complies with most of EN 13757-3/-7, covering the upper layers of the Wireless M-Bus protocol stack, as well as the lower layers (EN 13757-4). wM-Bus modes S, T, and C used throughout Europe in the 868MHz band. The mode N for operation at 169MHz is an option too. It meets various metering standards such as Open Metering System (OMS) specification, Dutch Smart Meter Requirements (DSMR), and CIG Italian Gas Committee specifications.
Features of STM32WL Microcontroller
- Ultra-low-power devices
- Built on an Arm® Cortex®‐M4 core architecture
- Support multiple modulations– LoRa®, (G)FSK, (G)MSK, BPSK
- Up to 256Kb flash memory and 64Kb RAM
- wide linear frequency range of 150 to 960MHz
- Dual power output up to 22dBm and 15dBm
- Can satisfy EN 300 220, FCC CFR 47 Part 15, ARIB T108, and other radio-equipment regulations
- Include an integrated switched-mode power supply (SMPS) and hardware cryptographic accelerators.
Note: More technical details can be found in the datasheet linked at the bottom of this page and on the product page of the STM32WL microcontroller.