MAX33012R/MAX33072E – New CAN bus and RS-485 Transceivers for Faster Troubleshooting and Communication Across Large Factory Floor Networks
Maxim Integrated Product, Inc. has introduced MAX33012E and MAX3307E to increase industrial system uptime for factory floor networks. With the help of the MAX33012E controller area network (CAN) bus transceiver and MAX33072E RS-485 half-duplex transceiver designers can accelerate troubleshooting and communicate across larger networks.
The MAX33012E features the industry’s most advanced fault detection and reporting, this allows the transceiver to detect faults on data lines CANH and CANL for overvoltage, overcurrent, and transmission failure, as well as fault code reporting. These features help the device for faster troubleshooting of these faults so that the vital links can be immediately re-established.
The MAX33072E provides the ability to connect the broadcast range of disparate nodes with large ground differences, this allows the device to expand the communication network size to allow more machines to operate across larger areas with simple and reliable links. The MAX33072E CMR of ±40V enables industrial systems to connect and communicate in environments of greater electrical noise, up to where a difference of either -40V or +40V between two nodes is present.
Features of MAX33012E CAN Bus Transceiver
- Provides ±45kV of electrostatic discharge (ESD) fault protection
- 1.62V to 5.5V Logic-Supply (VL) Range
- ±65V Fault-Tolerant CANH and CANL
- ±45kV ESD HBM (Human Body Model)
- ±30kV IEC Air-Gap and ±12kV IEC Contact
- ±25V Extended Common-Mode Input Range (CMR)
- Detects Overcurrent, Overvoltage, and Transmission Failure
- Operating Temperature Range of -40°C to +125°C
Features of MAX33072E RS-485 Half-Duplex Transceiver
- ±65V Fault Protection Range on Driver Outputs/Receiver Inputs
- ±40V Common-Mode Range on Driver Outputs/Receiver Inputs
- ±40kV Human Body Model (JEDEC JS-001-2017) ESD Protection
- ±15kV Air Gap Discharge (IEC 61000-4-2) ESD Protection
- ±10kV Contact Discharge (IEC 61000-4-2) ESD Protection
- 500kbps (MAX33072E), 2Mbps (MAX33073E) Maximum Data Rate
- 3V to 5.5V Supply Range