STM32F0 MCUs offer real-time performance and low-power operation for cost-sensitive applications
1200V Silicon Carbide (SiC) MOSFET Offers High Voltage Resistance, High-Speed Switching, and Low On-Resistance for Industrial Applications
Toshiba has come up with a 1200V silicon carbide (SiC) MOSFET, TW070J120B for high voltage resistance, high-speed switching, and low On-resistance operation in industrial applications. The SiC MOSFET has been fabricated based on Toshiba’s second-generation chip design. This offers an increased reliability low input capacitance, low gate-input charge, and low drain-to-source On-resistance.
Compared to Toshiba’s 1200V silicon insulated gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) (‘GT40QR21’), the new SiC MOSFET cuts turn-off switching losses by about 80% and switching time (fall time) by about 70%, while delivering low On-voltage characteristics with a drain current of 20A or less.
The TW070J120B helps in reducing power loss and equipment size in industrial applications such as large-capacity AC-DC converters, photovoltaic inverter, and large capacity bidirectional DC-DC converters.
Features of TW070J120B SiC MOSFET
- Second generation chip design (built-in SiC SBD)
- High voltage (VDSS=1200V), low input capacitance (Ciss=1680pF (typ.)), and low total gate charge (Qg=67nC (typ.))
- Low diode forward voltage (VDSF=-1.35V (typ.)) and high gate threshold voltage (Vth=4.2 to 5.8V)
- Drain Source On-Resistance: RDS(ON)=70mΩ (typ.)
- Easy-to-handle enhancement type
Note: More technical information can be found in the TW070J120B Datasheet linked at the bottom of this page and on the TW070J120B product page.
We will never spam you.
Be a part of our ever growing community.